Monday, February 26, 2007

In Good Company with Bad Reading

Update:

Just read the Internet Monk's admission today that he, too, reads unorthodox books too, in his case, the writings of Marcus Borg, who most evangelicals would call unorthodox, or worse.

Read article here.
http://www.internetmonk.com/archive/marcus-borg-attempting-faith-between-either-and-or

I like his reasoning for reading him, too: he would rather read a person in their own words than to read the words of their critics. That's why I've read McLaren... I heard enough bad about his theology to want to find out for myself if the critics were right. (And I think they are).

I'd like to think that the Internetmonk read my admission today (previous post) and decided that if such a respected and august figure in Christendom such as myself could admit to questionable reading that he, too, could come clean about his reading habits. (yeah, right! just kidding on that one!)

1 comment:

David H. Willis said...

Hey bro,

You are a blogging machine! I find the monk to be quite thought provoking and some of the guys that post on his blog are pretty sharp too.